Excellence in design and craftsmanship recognised
21st Jul 2015
The Bishop of Chelmsford, Rt Revd Stephen Cottrell, presented nine Design Awards at a celebration luncheon at the Diocesan Office on 6 July 2015.
These bi-annual awards recognise excellence in design and craftsmanship and encourage the commissioning of individual designs rather than standard catalogue items.
The awards luncheon was held for representatives from the awarded parishes with the new Chairman of the Diocesan Advisory Committee (DAC), Mr Malcolm Woods and Bishop Stephen.
Mr Woods said:
"It was a pleasure to assist with the presentation of this year's Design Awards which are recognition for the great work that parishes are doing to enhance the churches in their care in so many imaginative ways. I very much look forward to the next awards programme in two years' time."
The Bishop presented certificates which were Merit, Commended or Highly Commended.
Awards were presented to the following parishes:
Highly Commended awards
- Chingford, St. Edmund - Votive Candle Stand
- Littlebury, Holy Trinity - New Lighting Scheme
- Romford, St. Albans - Candle Sticks
- Fryerning, St. Mary - Internal Refurbishment at the base of the church tower
- Eastwood, St. Laurence - Reorder north aisle & former choir vestry
- Hadleigh, St. Barnabas - New west window
- Romford, St. Albans - Terracotta Ridge Tile Cross
- Alresford, St. Andrew - New Horizons Project
- Billericay, St. John Redevelopment – Extension for Kitchen & Storage
Full details of the award winners, including photos of the winning designs, can be found on www.chelmsford.anglican.org/parishes/dac.