- The 2017 budget supports:
- Stipend increase of 1.5% from April 2017
- 284.4 full time equivalent (FTE) parochial stipendiary positions
(a reduction of 4 on 2016)
- Continued growth in curates, ordinands and lay ministry:
- 52.5 FTE stipendiary and 60 SSM curates in training
- National funding is budgeted at £2.54m, which is £98,000 lower than 2016 as the national funding changes begin
- In 2017 the gross benefice share (before credits) will increase by no more than 2% compared to 2016
- Clergy housing improvements are fully funded for the first time in years
- There is no budget provision for share shortfall, which means any shortfall will hit directly on reserves
- Increased investment in future ministry of £325k; overall share increase of £302k
- Total asked in Share in 2017 will be £16.5m. Total spend on ministry (parish and curates) budgeted at £17.1m.
The 2017 Diocesan budget was agreed by Diocesan Synod on 18 June 2016.
The report explains the 2017 budget and invites your thoughts to help develop longer term budgets.
Download the report and consultation papers:
If you have any questions about this consultation please contact our Director of Finance, Mark Spraggins, on 01245 294407 or email email@example.com
Did you find what you were looking for or have any comments?