- Diocesan budget for 2018 and outline plans for 2019 – 2020 informed by the feedback from last year’s report and consultation
- The budget supports:
- 280 parochial stipendiary ministers in post in 2018
- A record number of stipendiary curates, with 18 new stipendiary deacons ordained in 2018 plus 13 self-supporting
- Stipend increases of 2% per annum
- Significant growth in spend on future lay and ordained ministry
- Mutual Support Funding from national church, investment income and other sources totals £5 million in 2018
- But national church funding reduces by c£95k for 2018 and similar amounts each following year
- Budget efficiencies continue to be realised, partly paying for increased costs for safeguarding and national church contributions
- Budget increases limited to 2% per annum
- Balanced budget for 2018, but opportunities to be found to balance the budgets in 2019 and 2020
- Gross benefice share increases (before fee credits) no more than 2.5%
The 2018 budget was agreed by Diocesan Synod on 17 June 2017. This report explains the budget and invites your thoughts on some specific issues.
For more information please contact Mark Spraggins
Did you find what you were looking for or have any comments?