Our Safeguarding Policy provides the information you need in a comprehensive, user-friendly format to enable you to fulfil your responsibility to protect everyone in your parish from harm or abuse.
The Bishop of Chelmsford, Rt Revd Stephen Cottrell issued a ‘Safeguarding Pack’ to all parishes in October 2014.
The Action Pack contains the following essential documents which are available as downloads:
The Bishop’s advice to his Incumbents, Churchwardens and Parish Child Protection Advisers is to keep the Policy Manual, Practice Guidance & Resources where you easily get hold of them.
Make sure the poster is on your church noticeboard and carry your Pocket Guide with you.
The NST (National Safeguarding Team)
Key Roles and Responsibilities of Church Office Holders and Bodies Practice Guidance - Aims to clarify key safeguarding roles and responsibilities for church office holders and bodies within this complex structure to support a consistent approach to safeguarding across the whole Church.
- Parish Safeguarding Representative Job Description template
- Application Form for work with children/vulnerable adults template
- Confidential Declaration Form template
- Request for References template
- DBS Application Process and Eligibility with Regulated Activity Flowchart
Safer Practice Guidance:
- Model Safeguarding Statement template
- Parish Safeguarding Checklist template
- Parish Activity Plan – working with Children template
- Parish Activity Plan – working with Vulnerable Adults template
- Risk Assessment Guidance – church activities information sheet
- Risk Assessment Form – church activities template
- Residential Trip – points to consider information sheet
- Personal Registration & Consent Form – Children & Vulnerable Adults template
- Using Images information sheet
- Consent Form: Images - Children & Vulnerable Adults template
- Using Social Media information sheet
- Adult to Child Ratios – working with children information sheet
- Working with Adults in their homes information sheet
Safeguarding Allegation & Case Management:
- Record of Safeguarding Concern template
- Body Map Diagram template
- Confidentiality Flowchart information sheet
- Allegations Management Process Flowchart information sheet
- Taking Action – What to do if you are concerned about a child or an adult flowchart information sheet
Theology & Safeguarding:
A resource to help local churches do some theological thinking around safeguarding has been published today (30th June 2016) by the Faith and Order Commission (FAOC). The text is meant to be read as a specifically theological resource alongside safeguarding policy and guidance documents from the local diocese and the national church.
- The Gospel, Sexual Abuse and the Church: A theological resource for the local church is available online via www.churchofengland.org/media/2535755/theologicalresourcefaocweb.pdf and is also available to pre-order as a book from Church House Publishing (Price £5.99, ISBN 978 0 7151 1109 3) via www.chpublishing.co.uk.
- Further information on the Faith and Order Commission, FAOC www.churchofengland.org/about-us/work-other-churches/faith-and-order-commission.aspx
- Further background on safeguarding in the Church of England www.churchofengland.org/clergy-office-holders/safeguarding-children-vulnerable-adults.aspx
For more information please contact Laura Tyler
Did you find what you were looking for or have any comments?