As part of our commitment to Safeguarding we have made training readily available to our 10,000+ church members.
Online Safeguarding Training for ALL church members
It is a legal requirement that all those volunteering/working with children and/or vulnerable adults are trained appropriately and these online courses fulfil the first level of this requirement. In addition the Bishops and Archdeacons have mandated that both online courses must be completed by all Clergy members, all Churchwardens and all PRSs (Parish Safeguarding Representatives) in every parish, as well as other members of the church workforce according to their role.
Access to the online basic awareness courses (Child Protection and Adult Safeguarding) has been simplified and as a church member you are now able to register yourself online using your email address and your parish code.
Whilst each course should take less than an hour to complete you do not need to finish them in one visit. Instead you can work your way through each course using shorter periods of time, picking up exactly where you previously left off each time you revisit.
Instructions on how to self-subscribe onto the online safeguarding training can be downloaded HERE. If you do not know what your parish code is please ask your Parish Training Co-ordinator or PSR.
To complete the online safeguarding training please visit http://www.cofelearning.org/index.html
Face-to-Face Safeguarding Training
C3 level Face-to-Face Safeguarding Training for Clergy including those with Permission to Officiate, Licenced Lay Ministers and Readers.
These training sessions are ONLY suitable for Clergy including those with Permission to Officiate, Licenced Lay Ministers and Readers.
The completion of both the Child and Adult safeguarding e-learning modules is a pre-requisite for attending this course.
This is a full day event. Registration is open at 9.00am. Training starts promptly at 9.30am and finishes at 3.30pm. The Trainers will aim to stay until 4pm to answer any queries.
Aims & Objectives:
- Safeguarding basic awareness refresher.
- Understanding the complexity of working with children, adults with care & support need & the challenges of the church setting.
- Assessing risk – in relation to working practices and running activities.
- Exploring the boundaries of information sharing, confidentiality and consent.
- Good practice in record keeping.
- Professional boundaries and behaviours.
- Procedures for responding to allegations against church officers.
To book your place onto one of the Face-to-Face C3 level Safeguarding Training for Clergy sessions please click on the date that you would like to attend:
- Refreshments will be provided, but you will need to bring your own lunch
- If you do not confirm cancellation of your booking 2 working days before the training event you may be charged a £12 cancellation fee.
- If you are unable to attend and wish for a colleague to come along instead of you this will need to be confirmed with the safeguarding team at least 2 working days before the training event.
- The minimum number of participants for each group will be 15. In cases where there are fewer than 15 participants the Safeguarding team may cancel this event and give notice to all those who were due to attend. We aim to cancel as few events as possible.
- The course is interactive – expect to participate in a variety of small group exercises.
- We are sorry, but this course is not suitable for children or pets.
For more information about C3 level Safeguarding training please contact the Safeguarding Team by emailing email@example.com or call 01254 294438.
C5 (Refresher) Face-to-Face Safeguarding Training for Clergy (including those with Permission to Officiate), Licenced Lay Ministers and Readers.
Completion of both of the online safeguarding training courses AND the C3 safeguarding training is a pre-requisite for attending this course.
To book your place onto one of the C5 Face-to-Face Safeguarding Training for Clergy sessions please click on the appropriate link below:
For more information about C5 level Safeguarding training please contact the Safeguarding Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01254 294438.
More Face-to-Face Safeguarding Training sessions are currently being organised for other church roles (including Parish Safeguarding Representatives and Churchwardens).
For more information about Safeguarding training please contact the Safeguarding Team by emailing email@example.com or call 01254 294438.
For more information please contact Laura Tyler
Did you find what you were looking for or have any comments?