Priest in Charge
You will be appointed as the parish priest in the Essex village of Boreham; the other half of your role will emerge over time. It will involve a commitment to work within the North Chelmsford Mission and Ministry Partnership (NCMMP) following consultation with the archdeacon of Chelmsford and MMP leadership
The NCMMP is a group of eleven parishes of which two are close to Chelmsford city centre and the others (including Boreham) are in a more rural setting. The partnership also includes Beaulieu Park – a major new housing development of 10,000 new homes, partly in Boreham parish, where we have recently appointed a Pioneer Minister under a proposed Bishop’s Mission Order
Boreham, itself, is a village 3.7 miles north-east of the city centre. It has a population of about 4,000. The village is a thriving community with a village hall, two recreation grounds, a parade of shops and a primary school. An independent Roman Catholic boarding and day school is also in the parish, but across the A12 and East Coast mainline railway that bisect the parish
St Andrew’s church, the church hall and the vicarage are all situated on a single site in the centre of the village. The church is Grade 1 listed and has been kept in good repair. The church hall is called the Pelly Room, named after the person whose legacy enabled an old stable block to be refurbished as a small church hall
We do our best to reach out to the community, but recognise that we could do better. We love to welcome new people to services and events, but know that we need to do more to find out what is needed so that we can endeavour to meet these needs
Can you help us to…
- Make better links with the wider community in the parish, helping them to feel valued by the church?
- Release the resources that God has given us for mission in this parish; including lay ministry, vocations and finance?
- Develop social events that bring the community together and explore their potential for mission?
- Offer a varied and inclusive range of worship opportunities, so that we can provide opportunities to bring as many people as possible to God?
- Embrace the opportunity to explore ways in which we can develop our role in the NCMMP so that mission can be enhanced across the wider area?
Dates for interviews will be posted shortly
An application form can be obtained from the Archdeacon of Chelmsford, 136, Broomfield Road, Chelmsford, CM1 1RN (01245 258257), or by email to email@example.com
Canon Martin Wood, Mission and Ministry Adviser in the Bradwell Episcopal Area, would be happy to have an informal conversation about this vacancy. He can be contacted at 01268 552219 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org