Priest in Charge (house for duty)
Location: East and West Tilbury and Linford
East and West Tilbury and Linford has a population of about 6,400, most of whom live in post war housing estates at East Tilbury and Linford close to the railway. Although, recently several hundred houses have been built and further, very significant housing development is in the initial planning stages.
There are two churches in the parish.
- St Catherine, East Tilbury is a mediaeval church just inland from the Coalhouse Fort. In 2015 an award-winning extension was added to the west end of the building to provide kitchen and toilet accommodation; and the interior of the church was re-ordered with modern heating and seating.
- St Francis, Linford is a dual purpose building, built in the mid-20th century. It consists of a main hall, a kitchen, small office and two toilets one of which is designed for disabled access. It was completely internally refurbished 6 years ago, and redecorated last year
St. James, West Tilbury, is now a private dwelling, but there is a churchyard, open for burials into existing graves, but, otherwise, closed
Our Church’s purpose is to worship God, and to grow through developing as disciples, bringing other members of God’s family into our Church, and demonstrating God’s love and care.
The Parish believes that it would be useful for their newPriest to:-
- Be a good communicator – able to fully engage with the present congregations and help us to make those outside aware of what our church is about.
- Have a broadness of churchmanship – to help us welcome anyone and everyone no matter what, if any, their church background might be.
- Have leadership skills – to enable our churches to flourish in the new way that ministry will be done here.
- Have a heart for God’s mission – being able to help us share the Gospel outside the church walls.
A date for interviews will be posted shortly
An application form can be obtained from the office of the Archdeacon of Southend at The Archdeacon's Lodge, 459 Rayleigh Road, Thundersley, Benfleet SS7 3TH (01268 779345), email email@example.com
Revd Canon Martin Wood, Mission and Ministry Adviser in the Bradwell Area would be happy to have an informal conversation about this vacancy Tel: 01268 552219 email firstname.lastname@example.org, as would Fr David Rollins, Rector of Corringham and Fobbing Tel: 01375 673074 email email@example.com
An Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS and an identity check for the UK Border Agency.
The Chelmsford File sets out the latest agreed policies and procedures for ministry in Chelmsford Diocese whilst taking carefully into account any recent changes in Church law and the expectations of the law of the land