Team Vicar in the Grays Thurrock team ministry
We are praying for a gifted minister and missioner who will serve the church of All Saints and the community of Chafford Hundred. He or she will have an interesting and rewarding job. This post provides an opportunity to be part of an inspirational Team Ministry in Thurrock; a diverse borough in south-east Essex beside the M25.
The area of Chafford Hundred has seen large growth since its inception in 1989, with many City workers living there due to the relatively easy commute into central London. Chafford Hundred is now a thriving and well established community with housing ranging from one or two bedroom apartments up to five / six bedroom large detached houses. Therefore, the area caters for many different sectors of this vibrant and diverse community.
All Saints’ Church is in the Beacon Centre which was completed in May 2008. The Church occupies most of the ground floor of the Centre, with moveable glass doors making it possible to divide the space in two. The Beacon Centre was intended as, and has become, a flourishing resource for the local community with many groups meeting here and using the facility
There is great enthusiasm in all the congregations of the team ministry to grow in their own personal journey of faith, and a passion to share God’s love as demonstrated through Jesus life and teaching
We can offer you:
- An exciting opportunity to expand a church in a modern purpose built setting
- An experienced and supportive team of colleague clergy and lay ministers
- A breadth of worship across the four churches in the team
- Prayerful and hospitable multicultural congregations and communities
- A modern four bedroom vicarage with secluded garden
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a heart for mission and to see God’s kingdom grow
- Is a team player and team builder
- Is Enthusiastic to further develop links with an evolving community
- Has a gift for working with children and young people
- Is organised, innovative and has a strong preference to work collaboratively
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 7 November 2017
The parish profile is available for download and a role description will be added shortly
An application form can be obtained from the office of the Archdeacon of Southend at The Archdeacon's Lodge, 459 Rayleigh Road, Thundersley, Benfleet SS7 3TH (01268 779345), or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Revd Canon Daren Barlow, Team Rector, Grays Thurrock Team Ministry would be happy to have an informal conversation about this vacancy Tel: 01375 377379 email: RevBarlow@talktalk.net; as would Revd Canon Martin Wood, Mission and Ministry Adviser in the Bradwell Area Tel: 01268 552219 email email@example.com
An Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS and an identity check for the UK Border Agency.