Priest in Charge
The parish of St Mary and Emmanuel Hawkwell describes itself as “One Church in Two Buildings”. The parish has a strong evangelical tradition, and holds to the traditional teachings of the bible as the inspired Word of God. The worshipping community is welcoming, friendly and warm, with 60% in midweek house groups
The Church serves a parish that has two distinctive geographical areas, separated by some farmland and the main London-Liverpool Street railway line to Southend. The church of St Mary, which is over 700 years old, is a few hundred yards from the housing in the east of the parish; while the church of Emmanuel was built to serve the expanding population at the western end of the parish in the 1960s. Both church buildings have been loved and developed over the years and both are in a good state of repair
Hawkwell is closest to the large town of Southend-on-Sea, which is six miles to the south. Basildon is 12 miles to the west and the City of Chelmsford 16 miles to the northwest. All are quickly accessible via good main roads, as is the regional shopping centre at Lakeside (22 miles) and the Thames-side port of Tilbury. Central London (42 miles) can be reached in approximately one hour via the frequent railway services via Rochford and Hockley.
We consider we are a ‘work in progress’; under God’s grace, and guided by the Holy Spirit. We aspire to be a church who can reach out to show God’s love to Hawkwell and serve the community in which we worship our God.
Are you the kind of person who:
- Holds to the traditional teachings of the bible as the inspired Word of God?
- Has a deep rooted personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ as Saviour, Lord and King of their life?
- Loves God and reflects this by seeking to be a prayerful disciple of Jesus Christ?
- Seeks daily to live in the fullness of the Holy Spirit, listening to His voice, and encourages others to know His guidance and resources?
- Loves people, listens to them and longs to communicate the Good News personally and within groups?
Can you help us reach young families and involve them within the church?
Will you provide strategic leadership to understand the way forward?
Are you a clear teacher?
Are you able to develop the gifts of church members to enable them to grow in the faith and discipleship of our Lord Jesus Christ?
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 24 and Wednesday 25 April 2018
An application form can be obtained from the office of the Archdeacon of Southend at The Archdeacon's Lodge, 459 Rayleigh Road, Thundersley, Benfleet SS7 3TH (01268 779345), email firstname.lastname@example.org
Revd Canon Martin Wood, Mission and Ministry Adviser in the Bradwell Area would be happy to have an informal conversation about this vacancy (01268 552219) email email@example.com
Closing Date: 12 noon on Tuesday 20 March 2018
- Vacancy Location: Hawkwell
- Website: https://www.sites.google.com/site/hawkwellparishchurch/
- Parish Profile: Click here to download
- Role Description: Click here to download
- Closing Date: 12 noon on Tuesday 20 March 2018