Part-time Children and Families Worker - St Michael’s, Gidea Park RM2 5EL
St Michael’s is a growing Anglican church embarking on a new season of mission and ministry. We are looking for a godly and gifted individual to lead our existing work with children and young people, and to develop new ministries for them. At present we have around thirty children in our Sunday congregation, plus many more involved through seasonal events and schools work. We also host a successful midweek toddler group and have Scout and Guide groups affiliated to our church. The successful candidate will have:
- A heart for reaching children, young people and families with the Gospel.
- Experience, training and ability in teaching the Bible to children and teenagers.
- A willingness to be creative and flexible, to start new ministries and reach new people
While there is considerable flexibility, we anticipate the role will include:
- Giving leadership and direction to our children’s and youth ministry, including Sunday mornings, all age services, plus a midweek youth group and after-school club.
- Making disciples of children and young people from both the church family and wider community (including through local school links).
- Involvement in reaching and discipling local families.
- Full and active involvement in the life of the church family and ministry team.
20 hours per week. Salary £10,100 pa, plus reasonable working expenses.
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter describing your suitability for the post, including details of relevant qualifications in children’s and youth ministry. It is a genuine occupation requirement (GOR) that this postholder is a Christian, and appointment will be subject to satisfactory completion of DBS safeguarding checks. We may also be able to help the post-holder find suitable local accommodation, if required.
We hope the successful candidate could start by September.