Part-time Children’s & Families Worker
Location: St Mary the Virgin, Dedham
This is a new position within the Dedham Parish and the overall aim is to reach out with God’s love to children and families in our parish, introducing them to Jesus and the life in all its fullness that He promises.
Proposed areas of ministry for this new post:
- New Sunday all-together Rise-n-Shine Service – work with the team to support the development and delivery of this service
- Training and supporting volunteers in work with children and families and recruiting new volunteers
- Reach out to the Pre-school parents and toddlers group
- Develop a ministry to fathers and pre-school children – perhaps modelled on the Who let the Dads out ministry (www.wholetthedadsout.org.uk)
- Strengthen and develop the ministry in the Primary School – this could include taking assemblies, lunch or after school club, lessons, support to families
- To maximise the effectiveness of our key points of contact through Christian festivals: Christmas, Mothering Sunday, Easter, Pentecost, Remembrance – for example by developing the church buildings as a resource for spiritual enquiry by children and their parents.
- To build links through existing contacts made through infant baptism / thanksgiving enquiries.
- Responsibility for developing the annual Holiday Club for children (first one to take place in August 2017)
- Organise and administer children and families work in the parish
- Work in accordance with Parish and Diocesan policies covering safeguarding, risk assessments,
- data protection, health and safety
- Report to the PCC
- Undertake any other tasks as may be deemed appropriate. Please note that this list is not exhaustive and as this is a new role it is expected that the role will evolve and develop over time. The job holder will need to be flexible in their approach to assist in achieving this.
Hours: 14 hours per week to include Sundays and some evenings
Salary: £8,500 (subject to experience and qualifications) plus option of subsidised accommodation by the agreement of the Trustees of a charity that is separate from the PCC.
Parish of Dedham
Further information including an application form, person specification and description of the parish can be found on the accompanying documents.