Team Vicar in the Mardyke team ministry
This is a time of great change for Purfleet, as there is a longstanding plan for the complete redevelopment of the area which will include 2,500 new houses, a new town centre and a film production park. This is a continuation of a major development that began under Thames Gateway. There is, therefore, much scope for an imaginative and flexible ministry to a community that already includes the rehearsal and production rooms of the Royal Opera House, and the RSPB reserve at Rainham Marshes.
The Mardyke team ministry is praying for a Team Vicar who will be mainly responsible for St Stephen's church in Purfleet and will work with the other churches and clergy in the team to serve the congregations and the community in the parish.
St. Stephen’s church has, among its regular worshippers, a wide mix of ages and countries of origin, with a wealth of cultural diversity. The small multipurpose church building dates back to 1800. However, the planned development of the town has stimulated the church to begin thinking about possible changes to the plant to provide for the needs of the expanding community.
We see ourselves as a large family who look out for each other in day to day life. The word of God is at the heart of all that we do. It is essential that each member is met at the point they are at on their journey of faith and that our faith is nurtured and challenged
We believe that these skills and experience would be useful in this post:
- The imagination and flexibility to work with the congregation to enable them to continue to be an effective Christian witness to both the existing and the new community.
- A collaborative priest who will work with the clergy and the team as well as working innovatively in St Stephens.
- A priest who is willing to work with the St Stephens Community Trust and the local community to further their aims and witness.
- A priest who is capable of dealing with change and helping others to deal with change.
Interviews will be held over two days on Wednesday 11 and Thursday 12 April 2018
An application form can be obtained from the office of the Archdeacon of Southend at The Archdeacon's Lodge, 459 Rayleigh Road, Thundersley, Benfleet SS7 3TH (01268 779345), or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Revd Tara Frankland, Team Rector of the Mardyke Team Ministry would be happy to have an informal conversation about this vacancy Tel: 07788 744815 or 01708 891242 email: email@example.com; as would Revd Canon Martin Wood, Mission and Ministry Adviser in the Bradwell Area Tel: 01268 552219 email firstname.lastname@example.org
An Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS and an identity check for the UK Border Agency.
Closing Date: 12 noon on Tuesday 6th March 2018
- Vacancy Location: Purfleet
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/Mardyke-Team-Ministry-133309730345040/
- Parish Profile: Click here to download
- Role Description: Click here to download
- Closing Date: 12 noon on Tuesday 6th March 2018