Team Rector of Rayleigh
The Parish of Rayleigh has a strong evangelical tradition with a generous orthodoxy, reflected in the broad range of worship styles, attracting people from a variety of traditions. This breadth of worship is highly valued by church members and visitors.
Rayleigh is a large market town in South East Essex, with a population of 31,000. It is approximately 32 miles east of London and 6 miles from the coast at Southend-on-Sea. Many inhabitants are commuters, mainly to London, but also to the other large towns nearby such as Southend, Basildon and Chelmsford.
The Parish comprises two churches:
- Holy Trinity, a medieval church with a large parish centre attached, which is used not only by many church groups but also serves as a community resource
- St Michael and All Angels, a 1950s dual purpose church building, with an adjacent hall, in a residential area
Although this is a challenging and demanding role, the emphasis on lay ministry and teamwork means that there is a strong level of support for the Team Rector and other clergy
Our Parish needs you!
Our enthusiastic, warm and welcoming busy Parish seeks a Team Rector to lead its two churches forward in mission, worship and spiritual growth.
- Are you committed to a ministry of strong evangelical and orthodox Bible-based teaching and preaching?
- Would you enjoy the challenge of helping us discern, develop and deliver a vision and strategy for the future?
- Are you committed to the prayerful and compassionate care of those in need?
- Would you relish encouraging and enabling our congregations to develop their God-given individual gifts and talents?
- Can you combine managerial skills with the ability to delegate, whilst providing appropriate advice and support?
If you are a leader with personal resilience, strong relational and networking skills, and ideally some previous experience of leading a parish, you may be just the person for this role.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 5 September 2017
An application form can be obtained from the office of the Archdeacon of Southend at The Archdeacon's Lodge, 459 Rayleigh Road, Thundersley, Benfleet SS7 3TH (01268 779345), or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Revd Canon Martin Wood, Mission and Ministry Adviser in the Bradwell Area would be happy to have an informal conversation about this vacancy Tel: 01268 552219 email email@example.com,
as would Revd John Fisher, Patronage Secretary at CPAS Tel 0300 123 0780 (ext. 4387) email firstname.lastname@example.org