Team Vicar Little Parndon Harlow and Deanery Missioner
Location: Town Centre Harlow
Team Vicar and Local Missioner Deanery of Harlow, Chelmsford Diocese.
A leader for St Mary's Little Parndon and local missioner in the Deanery of Harlow.
- a leader in evangelism and mission in both ministries
- establishing new Christian communities
- half-time leading St Mary’s in parish mission opportunities
- part of the Harlow Town Centre and Little Parndon Team Ministry leadership team
- a ‘Self-Starter’ - working collaboratively
- Half-time working across the wider area
- Bible-based, seeking the empowering of the Holy Spirit
Be part of parish and wider teams seeking to seize mission opportunities in our area. On the door step of Little Parndon church a new build is awaited, we are underway in plans for a church / community hall, there are opportunities in schools and there is parish-based Messy Church.
And help us seize opportunities for mission and evangelism across the wider area, seeking to build new and enduring Christian communities, taking a lead as part of our developing mission partnerships (as part of Chelmsford’s Transforming Presence)
This is a full time post, combining Half-Time Team Vicar with Half-Time Harlow Deanery. The person appointed will be working (with regard to the parish appointment) as a member of the Staff team for St Paul’s Harlow Town Centre and St Mary’s Little Parndon with especial responsibility for St Mary’s. Applicants are referred to the separate Job Description for the Deanery appointment.
In addition to the qualities of prayerfulness that all Christian ministry requires, we are seeking:
- A Leader in Mission and Evangelism
- To take forward the Mission Opportunities in accordance with the St Mary’s Mission Plan and the Missioner Job Description.
- To develop and lead the parish Messy Church team, taking a full part.
- Who is able to pioneer in mission and evangelism, leading by example.
- Who is familiar and at home with contemporary forms of worship.
- A natural team worker who leads by example
- Working instinctively with others, including as part of the Deanery’s and parish teams.
- With the ability not only to delegate but more importantly to empower others, and who works well with other people, forming relationships readily.And is able to form, lead and develop Ministry Teams.
- Someone with experience of the dynamics of team leadership and being part of a team
- Who is self-aware and able to work flexibly within the dynamics and structures of existing leadership including that of the South Harlow Covenant, St Mary’s, and other teams.
- Able to lead and empower the existing leadership of St Mary’s, and in particular to affirm and enable the existing ministries of Barbara and Darrel
- Who as Focal Minister for St Mary’s will express that ministry as much as possible through the team s/he enables.
- Able to be aware of and maintain boundaries between their various roles and responsibilities.
- A Self-Starter
- Taking initiatives in the relevant areas as agreed with the relevant parish leadership. In the Missioner role her / his Line Manager will initially be Ernie Guest as leader of the South Harlow Covenant.
- Able to work independently when necessary in initiative taking and spearheading new initiatives.
- Experience of Children’s Ministry
- For schools and Messy Church ministry in the parish and as necessary in the wider Deanery.
- Someone with a resilient spirituality
- Who has learnt inner disciplines able to sustain themand is a
- able to reflect biblically and critically upon their situation etc and to engage in the theological ‘learning circle’
- Someone who takes their own training and development seriously.
Contact for application forms: The Archdeacon of Harlow email@example.com 01279 734524