Prayers for those affected
The thoughts and prayers of everyone at Chelmsford Diocese are with those affected by the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak around the world. We pray for those who care for the sick, for those who are combatting the spread of the virus and for those who are worried about friends and loved ones.
Guidance for Parishes and FAQs
Our guidance for parishes web page sets out the latest government and Church of England guidance and addresses some of the questions asked by parishes.including those relating to:
- General guidance and risk assessment
- Face Coverings
- NHS Test and Trace
- Public worship
- Holy communion
- Individual prayer
- Weddings, funerals, baptisms and confirmations
- Community activity (foodbanks, community facilities, cafe's and tourism)
- Children and young people
- Church and community halls
- Organ playing and bell ringing
- Construction work
- Clocks and organ maintenance
- Annual Meetings, elections for church wardens, synod reps and PCC members
- PCC decision making and online meetings
- Giving and finance resources
- Protecting those at additional risk from Covid-19
- Live streaming and copyright
- Delivering printed communications.
- Church of England guidance.- The Church of England website contains comprehensive advice and guidelines to help your parish. This page is regularly updated and guidance is based on government advice
- NHS website - For medical advice, including advice on symptoms and self isolation, please use the NHS website.
- Chelmsford Diocese resources for worship and ministry- These pages contain advice, guidance and best practice to help parishes encourage and support worship at home and community service during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Chelmsford Diocese Finance and Giving Resources - These pages contain advice and resources to help parishes enable and encourage giving during the pandemic and beyond.
Keeping up to date
The Diocese of Chelmsford is sending regular updates about Coronavirus (COVID-19) in our email bulletins. Please sign up here.
Clergy, Church Wardens LLMs, LLWs and Lay Chairs receive additional advice and guidance by email.
In addition, our Archdeacons speak regularly with Area Deans about the the implications of Coronavirus in their own areas. These meetings then feed back to a central Diocesan Communications Group who are overseeing the diocesan response, communications and support for parishes.