Prayers for those affected
The thoughts and prayers of everyone at Chelmsford Diocese are with those affected by the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak around the world. We pray for those who care for the sick, for those who are combatting the spread of the virus and for those who are worried about friends and loved ones.
Guidance and Support for Parishes from Chelmsford Diocese
- Coronavirus Guidance and FAQs
- Online Church Guidance and Resources
- Giving and Finance Guidance and Resources
- Emerging from the Pandemic - resources and events to help people reflect upon the pandemic and help us to emerge from it.
- How churches are supporting their communities in Essex and East London
- Church of England Coronavirus guidance and FAQs
- Government Guidance for places of worship
- NHS website - For medical advice, including advice on symptoms and self isolation, please use the NHS website.
Keeping up to date
The Diocese of Chelmsford is sending regular updates about Coronavirus (COVID-19) in our email bulletins. Please sign up here.
Clergy, Church Wardens LLMs, LLWs and Lay Chairs receive additional advice and guidance by email.
In addition, our Archdeacons speak regularly with Area Deans about the the implications of Coronavirus in their own areas. These meetings then feed back to a central Diocesan Communications Group who are overseeing the diocesan response, communications and support for parishes.