Access is a series of short courses available to be run in parishes and deaneries around the Diocese of Chelmsford.
- The Bible for Everyday: an introduction for anyone who would like to gain confidence in finding their way around the Bible. You do not need to have opened a Bible before to take part! The course gives a basic outline of the Bible and its contents and looks at how we can read the Bible for ourselves. To download this course click here
- Facilitating Small Groups: Whether it is an enquirer’s group, a Lent course, or a PCC sub group, the skills required for helping a group of people learn together have much in common. This course will help participants learn those skills and improve their current practice. To download this course click here.
- Essential Pastoral Care: A five week course to look at the basics of pastoral care. The aim is to enable you to begin to develop skills in confidence and understanding and listening. To download this course click here.
- Time to Share: Learn to talk about your faith. To download the course click here
- Discovering your SHAPE: Find out who God made you to be and the gifts you have been given. To access the course click here.
- Growing in Wholeness: Finding a healthier lifestyle in body, mind and spirit In development - please enquire
- Witness at Work: Relating faith to everyday life To access the course click here
- Other recommended courses: There are many resources which are available to help Christians discover God's love and care: sometimes too many to choose from!. If you would like advice about ways of, for example, interpreting the Bible, sharing your faith or learning to participate in leading services please contact Elizabeth Jordan, the Lay Development Adviser.
Who are the courses for?
The courses are intended for anyone who would like to meet with others to explore and learn more about different aspects of the Christian faith.
Each course is designed to be led by a local tutor and lasts for five or six weeks, during which time the members meet for a weekly session lasting about two hours (with a break for refreshments). Each course may be run over two Saturdays if there is the demand. The courses include input from the tutor, various activities and handouts and plenty of time to discuss with other members of the group.
Who and Where?
Each course needs a local tutor willing to commit to leading the course as well as an appropriate venue. An individual parish may want to run a course or a group of parishes or a deanery. Some training for tutors is available from the diocese if required.
If you would like further information about the courses or suggestions of someone who could lead such a course, please contact:
Revd. Dr Elizabeth Jordan,Lay Development Adviser
Diocesan Office, 53 New Street, Chelmsford, CM1 1AT
Tel: 01245 294449