You will find here resources to help you grow in faith and discover your place in God's world. Who you are and what you do are both seen through God's eyes, who knows you best.
- The Bible for Everyday: an introduction for anyone who would like to gain confidence in finding their way around the Bible. You do not need to have opened a Bible before to take part! The course gives a basic outline of the Bible and its contents and looks at how we can read the Bible for ourselves. To download this course click here
- Discovering your SHAPE: Find out who God made you to be and the gifts you have been given. To access the course contact the Arthur Rank Centre: https://arthurrankcentre.org.uk/church-life/your-shape-for-gods-service-2/
- Facilitating Small Groups: Whether it is an enquirer’s group, a Lent course, or a PCC sub group, the skills required for helping a group of people learn together have much in common. This course will help participants learn those skills and improve their current practice. To download this course click here.
- Essential Pastoral Care: A five week course to look at the basics of pastoral care. The aim is to enable you to begin to develop skills in confidence and understanding and listening. To download this course click here.
- Time to Share: Learn to talk about your faith. To find out when a course is happening contact HHenry@chelmsford.anglican.org
- Prayerful Evangelism: Living distinctively and witnessing effectively: how prayer can shape the way we share our faith. To download this course click here
- Calling All Seniors Exploring the role of seniors in the work of evangelism. To download this course click here
- Leading Worship:
- Wings4Worship: Beginning with reading the Bible in church and leading intercessions to planning and leading an act of worship. To download the course click here
- Video on how to read the Bible in a service:https://vimeo.com/416642501
- Video on how to lead intercessions: https://vimeo.com/416640641
- Growing in Wholeness: Finding a healthier lifestyle in body, mind and spirit click here
- Witness at Work: Relating faith to everyday life To access the course click here
- Other recommended courses: Please contact Elizabeth Jordan, the Lay Development Adviser, if you would like advice about any other topic or suggestios for further resources..
Who are the courses for?
The courses are intended for anyone who would like to meet with others to explore and learn more about different aspects of the Christian faith.
Each course is designed to be led by a local tutor and lasts for five or six weeks, during which time the members meet for a weekly session lasting about two hours (with a break for refreshments). Each course may be run over two Saturdays if there is the demand. The courses include input from the tutor, various activities and handouts and plenty of time to discuss with other members of the group.
Who and Where?
Each course needs a local tutor willing to commit to leading the course as well as an appropriate venue. An individual parish may want to run a course or a group of parishes or a deanery. Some training for tutors is available from the diocese if required.
If you would like further information about the courses or suggestions of someone who could lead such a course, please contact:
Coroline Harding, Lay Development Adviser
Diocesan Office, 53 New Street, Chelmsford, CM1 1AT
Tel: 01245 294454