We are members of Gods family, worshipping God together.
Our deaf church team leaders are: Diana and Viv in Colchester, Peter and Jean in Southend, Trevor and Stephanie in Chelmsford. Viv is also linked to Beyond the Loop, for people who have been deafened over time. Lucy is our interpreter.
The deaf church teams’ responsibilities are to:
- promote the Gospel
- develop Spiritual life
- provide regular services in sign language locally and in the Cathedral
- provide services for Baptisms, Weddings and funerals
- provide school assemblies and visits to school
- provide pastoral care in times of need
- encourage and enable deaf and deafblind people to be fully involved in church life
- raise deaf awareness in the diocese
Come and join us to learn more about the Christian faith.
Revd Stephanie Gillingham is the lead Minister for deaf church in the Diocese of Chelmsford. Contact Stephanie Tel: 07960 184174 email firstname.lastname@example.org