Our Diocese covers about 1 500 square miles and has more than 600 churches serving nearly 3 million people and 139 church schools.
In every area there are people committed to children and to their spiritual welfare. We want to help you help children find faith, grow in faith and reach their full potential in Christ. We hope the information on this site will help you fulfil your ministry.
This page outlines how we might help and support you as you serve God and serve children in your parish. Our Children's Work Advisers, Steve Kersys and Jo Gilks would be delighted to support you in your ministry. we can do this through;
- Training and presentations for all who are involved or interested in children’s ministry
- Working alongside Parishes to create and develop a vision for children’s ministry
- Parish visits to advise on resources & on the development of children's ministry
- Website pages with resources
- Regular Saltshaker emails packed with resources, updates, events and information
- Email and telephone support
For more information on any of the above please contact Steve Kersys.
Admission to Holy Communion Prior to Confirmation
You may be considering children and Holy Communion in your parish. If so, the information below will guide you through the necessary processes for your parish to consider the issues and apply to the Diocesan Bishop for permission. The information below guides you through discussion with your leadership team and the wider church, provides the necessary application forms and offers a range of support and resources to help you through the process.
All the information listed below is downloadable and printable as pdf documents. The Parish Application Form is downloadable as both pdf and Word documents. You can view these online by clicking on the links below and you can download these documents by clicking on the links at the bottom of this page.