Transforming the communities of Essex & East London through Christ’s presence

The aim of the Property Department in the Diocesan Office is to:

  1. To provide and maintain good quality houses for the clergy and their families at a cost effective price.
  2. To carry out work to houses quickly and efficiently within agreed response times
  3. To carry out all works bearing in mind the budget constraints, both revenue and capital that affect the whole Diocese.

Guide for Residents

This following guide has been prepared to assist clergy and lay workers and their families with the management of their home. It seeks to explain how the system of maintaining our houses works, and to set out clearly who does what, and when.

Download PDF

Useful Resources

The Property Services Department supervises and monitors repairs and maintenance work. The Guide for Residents has been prepared to assist residents with the management of their home.

For more information please contact the Property Team.

Property Department Helpdesk

PLEASE NOTE: The Helpdesk Team are working from home during the Pandemic. Please do Call the Helpdesk Number and leave a message (it rings for about 30 seconds) and we will pick up your message.

If you need a repair that is not under the responsibility of your PCC please call the Property Department Helpdesk on 01245 294471.  It is helpful if you give as many details as possible including:

  1. Your name, address and telephone number (where you can be contacted during the day).
  2. What and where the problem is.
  3. Access details or times during the week when a contractor or a member of staff can inspect or carry out the repair.  Please be as flexible as possible, giving times for access, as it is often not possible to make specific appointments.
  4. Any other information you think will be useful (e.g. the make of a central heating boiler).
  5. Details of specific contractors that you think should be invited to tender for the work (where applicable).

In an emergency outside office hours, please ring a local contractor and instruct them to carry out work sufficient to solve the emergency. A list of approved contractors can be found in the Guide for Residents document above.

Is there anything wrong with this page?