The Diocese of Chelmsford is committed, as part of the Christian Church living in the spirit of the Gospel, to protect and care for everyone and we aim to be a beacon of best practice in safeguarding. Looking the other way is not an option.
- Ensuring that its volunteers, clergy, advisers and lay people achieve the standards laid down in the Safeguarding Policies of the Church of England.
- Working with individuals who have criminal convictions, or where other safeguarding risks are identified, to ensure that they, and all members of the church community are safeguarded.
- Holding to account all persons responsible for the safety and wellbeing of children and vulnerable adults in the Diocese.
Please click on the below links to be taken to the relevant Safeguarding Section:
- Safe Spaces
- Safeguarding Contacts:
- Parish Safeguarding Officer (PSO)
- DBS / Criminal Record Checks
- Safeguarding Policy, Practice Guidance, Templates & Resources
'Safe Spaces' was launched in September 2020 and is a FREE and independent service run by the charity Victim Support and funded by the Church of England together with the Catholic Church in England and Wales and the Church in Wales.
It offers confidential support to survivors of church-related abuse (anyone who has been abused by someone in the Church or as a result of their relationship with the Church of England, the Catholic Church of England and Wales or the Church in Wales) whether or not a report has been made.
Opening Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday: 10.00am- 6.00pm. Thursday: 12.00pm- 8.00pm CLOSED on Sundays.
Below are resources to display in your church and to provide as hand-outs:
- Safe Spaces A4 Poster
- Safe Spaces A5 Leaflet
- Safe Spaces Contact Number for Phone/Wallet
- Safe Spaces Pocket Leaflet
Please see their website for more information: www.safespacesenglandandwales.co.uk