The Diocese of Chelmsford is committed, as part of the Christian Church living in the spirit of the Gospel, to protect and care for everyone and we aim to be a beacon of best practice in safeguarding. Looking the other way is not an option.
- Ensuring that its volunteers, clergy, advisers and lay people achieve the standards laid down in the Safeguarding Policies of the Church of England.
- Working with individuals who have criminal convictions, or where other safeguarding risks are identified, to ensure that they, and all members of the church community are safeguarded.
- Holding to account all persons responsible for the safety and wellbeing of children and vulnerable adults in the Diocese.
Here are our Safeguarding pages:
- Safeguarding Policy, Practice Guidance, Templates & Resources
- Safeguarding Training
- DBS Applications, Update Service & Overseas Criminal Record Checks
- Safeguarding Contacts
If you cannot find the information that you are looking for please contact the DST (Diocesan Safeguarding Team) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01245 294438.