The Diocese of Chelmsford is committed, as part of the Christian Church living in the spirit of the Gospel, to protect and care for everyone and we aim to be a beacon of best practice in safeguarding. Looking the other way is not an option.
- Ensuring that its volunteers, clergy, advisers and lay people achieve the standards laid down in the Safeguarding Policies of the Church of England.
- Working with individuals who have criminal convictions, or where other safeguarding risks are identified, to ensure that they, and all members of the church community are safeguarded.
- Holding to account all persons responsible for the safety and wellbeing of children and vulnerable adults in the Diocese.
If you have information about a safeguarding situation where a child or adult is in immediate danger, or requires immediate medical attention, call the emergency services on 999. Do not delay.
To contact your local police station to report a non-emergency crime please call 101.
Please click on the below links to be taken to the relevant Safeguarding page:
- DBS Checks, DBS Update Service & Overseas Criminal Record Checks
- Contact Information for Safeguarding Organisations/Charities
- Diocesan Safeguarding Team Contact Details
Safer use of Technology during Covid-19:
Please see the below website links for more information regarding using techonology, i.e. Zoom, to communicate with others during Covid-19, to ensure the safety of all who are using these platforms:
https://www.churchofengland.org/media/20105 - Video Conferencing for Youth Work
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-keeping-children-safe-online/coronavirus-covid-19-support-for-parents-and-carers-to-keep-children-safe-online – Keeping children safe online
https://www.churchofengland.org/media/20254 – safe use of Zoom
If you cannot find the information that you are looking for please contact the DST (Diocesan Safeguarding Team) by emailing email@example.com or calling 01245 294490.
We are currently running a skeleton service in our offices at the moment, due to Covid-19, therefore it is recommended that you email us with any general queries, unless you have an urgent Safeguarding Concern or Allegation to report and all advice regarding this and other queries, including online training and enrolment keys can be found within the relevant sections of this website.
For any Safeguarding queries that have not been resolved within our website, please contact:
Lynda Saunders - Safeguarding Assistant
Tel: 01245 294490 (Weekdays, 9-5)
Laura Tyler - Safeguarding Administrator
Tel: 01245 294438 (Monday & Thursday 9-5)