The Diocese of Chelmsford is committed, as part of the Christian Church living in the spirit of the Gospel, to protect and care for everyone and we aim to be a beacon of best practice in safeguarding. Looking the other way is not an option.
- Ensuring that its volunteers, clergy, advisers and lay people achieve the standards laid down in the Safeguarding Policies of the Church of England.
- Working with individuals who have criminal convictions, or where other safeguarding risks are identified, to ensure that they, and all members of the church community are safeguarded.
- Holding to account all persons responsible for the safety and wellbeing of children and vulnerable adults in the Diocese.
Here are our Safeguarding pages:
- Safeguarding Policy, Practice Guidance, Templates & Resources
- Safeguarding Training
- DBS Applications, Update Service & Overseas Criminal Record Checks
- Safeguarding Contacts
Safer use of Technology during Covid-19:
Please see the below website links for more information regarding using techonology, i.e. Zoom, to communicate with others during Covid-19, to ensure the safety of all who are using these platforms:
https://www.churchofengland.org/media/20105 - Video Conferencing for Youth Work
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-keeping-children-safe-online/coronavirus-covid-19-support-for-parents-and-carers-to-keep-children-safe-online – Keeping children safe online
https://www.churchofengland.org/media/20254 – safe use of Zoom
If you cannot find the information that you are looking for please contact the DST (Diocesan Safeguarding Team) by emailing email@example.com or calling 01245 294490.
We are currently running a skeleton service in our offices at the moment, due to Covid-19, therefore it is recommended that you email us with any general queries, unless you have an urgent Safeguarding Concern or Allegation to report and all advice regarding this and other queries, including online training and enrolment keys can be found within the relevant sections of this website.