Required for those who have safeguarding leadership responsibilities or responsibility for leading activities involving under 18 year olds and/or adults who may be vulnerable due to age, illness or disability.
For example, the person in charge of a youth group will require training to C2 (Leadership) level whereas a volunteer acting as an additional adult at a youth group session, but is never the leader of the activity, would require training to C1 level.
Including but not limited to:
- Authorised Children's, Youth and Families Workers
- Authorised Evangelists/Evangelism Enablers
- Authorised Local Preachers
- Authorised Pioneers
- Bell Tower Captains
- Bishops Visitors
- Children and Families Ministers
- Choir Leaders
- Directors of Music
- Home Visitors
- Leaders of activities for adults who may be vulnerable due to age, illness or disability
- Leaders of activities for under 18 year olds
- Ordinands prior to leaving TEI
- Pastoral Carers
- Pastoral Visitors
- PSRs (Parish Safeguarding Representatives)
- Safeguarding lead on PCC
- Safeguarding Leads in religious communities
- Youth and Children's Pastors
- Youth Group Leaders
- Youth Ministers
Those that have attended Church of England C3 level safeguarding training within the last 3 years will NOT need to attend C2 level safeguarding training.
Current C2 Training Events
Tickets need to be booked to avoid disappointment as there are a limited number of places available. To book a place to attend a C2 Leadership Face-to-Face Safeguarding Training Course just click on the date below that you would like to attend and follow the instructions. You should then receive a confirmation email from Eventbrite with your ticket attached.
Please note that the completion of the relevant online safeguarding training course(s) is a pre-requisite for ALL attending this course.
- Please allow at least 3 hours to complete the C2 Leadership face-to-face training.
- Refreshments will be provided.
- If you do not confirm cancellation of your booking 2 working days before the training event you may be charged a £12 cancellation fee.
- If you are unable to attend and wish for a colleague to come along instead of you this will need to be confirmed with the safeguarding team at least 2 working days before the training event.
- The minimum number of participants for each group will be 15. In cases where there are fewer than 15 participants the Safeguarding team may cancel this event and give notice to all those who were due to attend. We aim to cancel as few events as possible.
- The course is interactive – expect to participate in a variety of small group exercises.
- We are sorry, but this course is not suitable for children or pets.
- The completion of the relevant online safeguarding training course(s) is a pre-requisite for ALL attending this course.
If your church is interested in hosting C2 Leadership Face-to-Face Safeguarding Training in 2019 please contact the Safeguarding Team by emailing email@example.com to discuss this further.
For general information about C2 level Safeguarding training please contact the Safeguarding Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01245 294438.
Previous C2 Training Events
All Saints Church, Little Canfield, Church Lane (off Stortford Road), Little Canfield, CM6 1SU
Saturday Morning 26th May 2018 - Cancelled as minimum requirement of attendees not met
All Saints Church (Beacon Centre), Drake Road, Chafford Hundred, Grays, RM16 6RW
Thursday Evening 7th June 2018
St. Andrew’s Church, St. Andrew’s Close, Alresford, Colchester, Essex, CO7 8BL
Monday Afternoon 18th June 2018
Saint Stephen's Church, 18 Knight's Way, Brentwood, CM13 2AS
Wednesday Evening 20th June 2018
St Michael and All Angels Church, Main Road, Gidea Park, Romford, RM2 5EL
Monday Evening 25th June 2018
St Chad's Church, Chadwell Heath, Dagenham, Romford, RM6 6JH
Wednesday Afternoon 4th July 2018
St Andrew's Church, 222 High Street, Hornchurch, RM12 6QP
Wednesday Afternoon 11th July 2018
Church of St Edward the Confessor, Church House, Market Place, Romford, RM1 3AB
Saturday Morning 21st July 2018
Meadgate Church, The Orchards, Mascalls way, Chelmsford, CM2 7NS
Saturday Morning 28th July 2018
St Marys Church, Churchgate Street, Harlow, Essex, CM17 0JT
Thursday Afternoon 2nd August 2018
St Mary's Church, Church Hill, Lawford, Manningtree, CO11 2JX
Wednesday Afternoon 5th September 2018
St John the Baptist Church, St John's House, St John's Road, Epping, CM16 5DN
Tuesday Evening 11th September 2018 - Cancelled as minimum requirement of attendees not met
St Peter's Church, Hinguar Street, Shoeburyness, SS3 9AN
Thursday Afternoon 20th September 2018 - Cancelled as minimum requirement of attendees not met
Hope Hall, St Mary's Loughton, 201 High Road, Loughton, Essex, IG10 1BB
Saturday Morning 29th September 2018 - CANCELLED - but re-scheduled
Christ Church, Perry Street, Billericay, CM12 0NX
Thursday Evening 11th October 2018
Colchester Christ Church, Ireton Road, Colchester, Essex, CO3 3AT
Saturday Morning 27th October 2018
St John the Baptist Church, St John's House, St John's Road, Epping Essex, CM16 5DN
Saturday Morning 10th November 2018
St Leonard in Lexden, 112 Lexden Road, Colchester, CO3 4BL
Saturday Morning 16th March 2019