In the Diocese of Chelmsford we have adopted the suite of Policy and Practice Guidance provided by the National Safeguarding Team for the Church of England.
All previous Diocesan Policy/Policy Manual documents have now been replaced with the NST Policy and Practice Guidance
Click here to access National Safeguarding Team Policy and Practice Guidance
You may find the following resources useful:
- Application Form for work with children/vulnerable adults template
- Church of England Confidential Declaration Form
- Request for References template
- The Recruitment of Ex-Offenders Policy Statement
Safer Practice Guidance:
- Parish Activity Plan – working with Children template
- Parish Activity Plan – working with Vulnerable Adults template
- Risk Assessment Guidance – church activities information sheet
- Risk Assessment Form – church activities template
- Residential Trip – points to consider information sheet
- Personal Registration & Consent Form – Children & Vulnerable Adults template
- Using Images information sheet
- Consent Form: Images - Children & Vulnerable Adults template
- Using Social Media information sheet
- Adult to Child Ratios – working with children information sheet
- Working with Adults in their homes information sheet
- Signs & Symptoms of Discriminatory Abuse
- Signs & Symptoms of Domestic Abuse
- Signs & Symptoms of Emotional Abuse
- Signs & Symptoms of Financial Abuse
- Signs & Symptoms of Modern Slavery
- Signs & Symptoms of Neglect
- Signs & Symptoms of Organisational Abuse
- Signs & Symptoms of Physical Abuse
- Signs & Symptoms of Self Neglect
- Signs & Symptoms of Sexual Abuse
Make sure the poster is on your church noticeboard and carry your Pocket Guide with you.
Safeguarding Allegation & Case Management:
Theology & Safeguarding:
A resource to help local churches do some theological thinking around safeguarding has been published today (30th June 2016) by the Faith and Order Commission (FAOC). The text is meant to be read as a specifically theological resource alongside safeguarding policy and guidance documents from the local diocese and the national church.
- The Gospel, Sexual Abuse and the Church: A theological resource for the local church is available online via www.churchofengland.org/media/2535755/theologicalresourcefaocweb.pdf and is also available to pre-order as a book from Church House Publishing (Price £5.99, ISBN 978 0 7151 1109 3) via www.chpublishing.co.uk.
- Further information on the Faith and Order Commission, FAOC www.churchofengland.org/about-us/work-other-churches/faith-and-order-commission.aspx
- Further background on safeguarding in the Church of England www.churchofengland.org/clergy-office-holders/safeguarding-children-vulnerable-adults.aspx
For more information please contact Laura Tyler
Did you find what you were looking for or have any comments?