Annual Reports and Accounts
This section highlights the requirements of the Annual Report and Accounts, regulated by the Charities Act 2011. This is a separate additional reporting requirement to that of the Return of Parish Finance.
The Annual Report and Accounts
- The Annual Report and Accounts is required to cover the proceedings of the Parochial Church Council and the activities of the parish generally.
- Guidance on preparing the Annual Report can be found on the Parish Resources website.
Guidance on preparing Receipts and Payments accounts for the Parochial Church Council
- Guidance on preparing Receipts and Payments accounts for the Parochial Church Council can be found on the Parish Resources website.
- The format of accounts is regulated by the Charities Act 2011. Full details can be found in the book "PCC Accountability: The Charities Act 2011 and the PCC" - which, among other resources, can be found through the Parish Resources website.
- The Charity Commission website has templates for a simple set of Receipts and Payments accounts to satisfy minimum reporting requirements. These can be accessed here.
Accruals accounts (If the gross income of the parish is greater than £250,000)
- If the gross income of the parish is greater than £250,000, accruals accounts must be used, and guidance can be found can be found on the Parish Resources website.
Independent Examination of the Accounts of the Parochial Church Council
- Please also note that the Accounts of the Parochial Church Council for the year ending on the 31st December immediately preceding the meeting must be independently examined or audited. Guidance on Independent Examination can be found on the Parish Resources website.
Copies to the Diocesan Office
- Please address copies of your Annual Report and Accounts to the Diocesan Offices (scan and email is preferred) to email@example.com