Priest in Charge (house for duty)
Location: East and West Tilbury and Linford
East and West Tilbury and Linford is close to the City of Chelmsford, with excellent transport links to London. These historic and ancient villages provide the focus of ministry for the churches of St Catherine and St Francis.
- St Catherine, East Tilbury is a mediaeval church just inland from the Coalhouse Fort. In 2015 an award-winning extension was added to the west end of the building to provide kitchen and toilet accommodation; and the interior of the church was re-ordered with modern heating and seating. There are plans in place to make repairs to the exterior of St. Catherine’s
- St Francis, Linford is a dual purpose building, built in the mid-20th century. It consists of a main hall, a kitchen, small office and two toilets one of which is designed for disabled access. It was completely internally refurbished 6 years ago, and redecorated last year
The faithful and committed congregations would like to build on what has been achieved so far, reaching out with the good news of Jesus. With new housing developments this is an attractive area in which to inspire shared opportunities to engage with existing and emerging communities.
Our main asset is that we are the family of God in this place and that as the Anglican Church we are here to serve all parishioners whether members of the congregation or not
With a heart for God’s mission, we aspire to:-
- Build up the confidence of the congregation, through a mutual shared faith, in order to engage with those who do not see the relevance of the church today.
- Welcome anyone and everyone, no matter what, if any, their church background might be, reflecting our broad church tradition.
- Enable our churches to flourish as new styles of parish ministry develop.
- Share the gospel outside the church walls.
The challenge, like many churches, is to change the age profile to reflect a broader cross-section of the community and attract and retain younger families.
The parish profile and role description can be downloaded from this page
Interviews will be held for this post all day on Monday 12th November
An application form can be obtained from the office of the Archdeacon of Southend at The Archdeacon's Lodge, 459 Rayleigh Road, Thundersley, Benfleet SS7 3TH (01268 779345), email firstname.lastname@example.org
Archdeacon Mike would be happy to have an informal discussion about this role, as would Martin Wood, Mission and Ministry Adviser in the Bradwell Area Tel: 01268 552219 email email@example.com