Two team vicars in the Billericay and Little Burstead team ministry
Location: Billericay and Little Burstead
Is God calling you to Billericay? We are seeking to appoint two Team Vicars to work alongside the existing clergy and lay ministry teams
- To have primary oversight of one of the team churches. The four churches in the team are being paired, so this would be in partnership with the current team rector or associate priest.
- To oversee, develop, innovate and coordinate a parish wide ministry in some identified field suited to your strengths and skills, as agreed collaboratively once you are appointed.
- To happily work alongside others as part of an effective team ministry
The four churches in the Team Ministry are Christ Church (ministering north of the town centre), Emmanuel (just south of the High Street), St John the Divine (ministering in Outwood Common, to the east of the town centre) and St Mary the Virgin (in Little Burstead, a village to the south of the town) – plus we share a Chapel of Ease, St Mary Magdalen; “The Church in the High Street”.
Billericay is a great place in which to live! It is situated just 12 miles from the M25, 15 miles from the beautiful Essex coast and only 30 minutes by train from the City of London. It is a busy commuter town with a population of around 30,000, separated by countryside and farm land from Basildon to the south, Brentwood to the west, Wickford to the east and the cathedral city of Chelmsford to the north. The quality of life here is generally high, though there are some areas of deprivation in the Queens Park, Outwood Common and South Green areas, as outlined in the parish profile
We are looking for two people who are imaginative, entrepreneurial and ambitious risk takers ministering within a strong evangelical tradition and generous orthodoxy.
A shared three-step vision for our Team has emerged over the last twelve months:
- For each person to have a personal relationship with God – we recognise the importance of every person listening to God in prayer and in worship, seeking guidance on His plan for each of us.
- For us to have effective relationships with each other – we identify the need to communicate openly and honestly; to encourage each other, to listen carefully to each other and to have mutual respect.
- For the team to build relationships with the community – we have a desire to engage with our community, across all ages and backgrounds, in order to find out what the community needs, so we can build bridges to allow us to engage with, and meet, those needs.
There is no doubt that our new colleagues can look forward to an interesting and rewarding ministry amongst us.
Interviews will be held all day on Thursday 11th April 2019
An application form can be obtained from the office of the Archdeacon of Southend at The Archdeacon's Lodge, 459 Rayleigh Road, Benfleet SS7 3TH (01268 779345), email firstname.lastname@example.org
Revd Paul Carr, team rector, would be happy to have an informal conversation about these vacancies (01277 658055), email email@example.com, as would Revd. Margaret Fowler, associate priest, (07974 720510) firstname.lastname@example.org.