Priest in Charge and Assistant Pioneer
This is a new and exciting full-time post in which the priest appointed would not only be priest in charge of Boreham (half time, under common tenure), but would also work alongside our Pioneer Minister on the new housing estates under construction to the north of Chelmsford.
A parish profile for St Andrew, Boreham, can be downloaded from the foot of this page, and more about the pioneering part of this post can be downloaded by clicking here
Boreham is a village just under four miles north-east of Chelmsford city centre. It has a population of about 4,000. The village is a thriving community with a village hall, two recreation grounds, a parade of shops and a primary school.
The parish of Boreham is bisected by the A12 dual carriageway, and the mainline railway from Liverpool Street to Norwich. The village is to the southeast of the road and railway, and the new housing is being built on the fields the other side of the divide. The scale of the development is such that it also spills over into other parishes
Earlier this year, the diocese formed a Bishop’s Mission Order for ministry in this major housing development and appointed the Revd Dan Pierce as its Pioneer Minister. The Assistant Pioneer half of this post is funded as a 5 year fixed term post linked to the review of the Bishops Mission Order
We are doing this so that we can help create a culture of kindness in this new suburb and show a distinctive way of life as followers of Jesus.
Dan and the new post holder will work closely and collaboratively together across Boreham and Beaulieu; with the priest in charge taking the lead in Boreham, and Dan, the Pioneer Minister, taking the lead in Beaulieu
In Beaulieu, Dan is looking for help to build a curriculum for daily discipleship, involving
- Help collaboratively to assemble materials that can be disseminated to individuals and home groups
- Produce Podcasts or create other imaginative teaching tools
- Help create and sustain a distinctive rhythm of daily life for St Francis Community Church
- Preach regularly, strategically and contextually
- Identify and engage other appropriate opportunities to use your teaching gifts for the good of the Beaulieu and Channels community and the North Chelmsford MMP
- Help us engage imaginatively with Beaulieu Community Centre where we have both committed resources and sit on the board of trustees
- Help build healthy collaborative, mutually beneficial relationship between St Francis, St Andrew’s in Boreham and the wider MMP.
And in Boreham, St Andrew’s church is looking for help
- Making better links with the village, helping the people feel valued by their church
- Releasing the resources that God has given for mission; including lay ministry, vocations and finance
- Developing social events that bring the community together and exploring their potential for mission
- Offering a varied and inclusive range of worship opportunities, so that as many people as possible can be brought to God
Interviews will be held all day Friday, 15th February
A role description for this post will be uploaded shortly
An application form can be obtained from the Archdeacon of Chelmsford, 136, Broomfield Road, Chelmsford, CM1 1RN (01245 258257), or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Revd Canon Martin Wood, Mission and Ministry Adviser in the Bradwell Area would be happy to have an informal conversation about this vacancy (01268 552219) email email@example.com as would Dan Pierce, the Pioneer Minister in Beaulieu and Channels (07790 558579) email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 12 noon on Wednesday, 16th January
- Vacancy Location: Chelmsford
- Parish Profile: Click here to download