Priest in Charge of Ashingdon w South Fambridge, Canewdon and Paglesham
Location: The Essex District of Rochford
We are a friendly group of people seeking an Incumbent to lead us in Ministry We hope that you will want to come and meet and join with us to carry God’s word into the parishes of Ashingdon with South Fambridge, Canewdon and Paglesham and to the wider community.
The benefice is set in a semi-rural area of South East Essex, approximately eight miles north of Southend-on-Sea. St Andrew, Ashingdon, where the rectory is situated, is slightly more urbanised, with a population of 5,000. The remaining three churches are all set in small villages in the surrounding area.
There is one church school in Canewdon and a local primary school in Ashingdon that both have close links with the church. Canewdon also has an Educational Trust which is linked to the church for which the Incumbent is a member.
There is great enthusiasm in all the congregations to grow in their own personal journey of faith, and a passion to share God’s love as demonstrated through Jesus life and teaching
What can we achieve in the next five years?
- Improve relationships with the local schools and build relationships with children and their families.
- Organise teaching opportunities for the current worshipping congregations so that people are more confident in faith.
- Engage in the social need of the wider community, e.g.: foodbanks, debt counselling, regeneration issues, etc.
- Complete the project for a new Church Hall in Ashingdon. We have raised approximately £100,000 and have commenced planning.
What sort of person might fit into this role?
- A good communicator with persons of all ages and backgrounds.
- A committed focus on outreach – being able to help us link with the local community.
- A broadness of churchmanship – help us to welcome anyone and everyone, no matter what, if any, their church background might be..
- Someone who can communicate the Gospel and help us to grow in the Faith.
- A person with leadership skills to lead four Churches and three parishes.
- Someone with a good collaborative approach, so that the Churches of our benefice continue to develop together
Interviews will be held all day on Monday 24th September (candidates can come to see the parishes on the afternoon of Sunday 23rd September if applicable)
An application form can be obtained from the office of the Archdeacon of Southend at The Archdeacon's Lodge, 459 Rayleigh Road, Benfleet SS7 3TH (01268 779345), email firstname.lastname@example.org
Revd Canon Martin Wood, Mission and Ministry Adviser in the Bradwell Area would be happy to have an informal conversation about this vacancy (01268 552219) email email@example.com