Interim Priest-in-Charge (0.75 FTE) for the Benefice of Chipping Ongar with Shelley, Greensted Juxta Ongar and Stanford Rivers
The Bishop of Chelmsford is seeking to appoint an Interim Minister for a period of three years to serve this well-established benefice. The person appointed will work willingly, creatively and collaboratively with both new and existing colleagues (ordained and lay) to discern and shape the future of mission and ministry in this attractive market town and its environs. During the three-year period of Interim Ministry, they will also have pastoral oversight of the parish of Bobbingworth and Moreton.
We seek a priest who:
- is confident and visible and has a heart to serve the whole community
- is a compassionate pastor and inspirational teacher of the faith
- will expand, nurture and support the already-established lay ministry
- will build and strengthen relationships with the town council, local schools, homes for the elderly and other organisations
- thrives on working with others both lay and ordained
- has the capacity to manage change and who will support the Mission and Ministry Unit lead as the parishes work together towards a new future
For an informal conversation about the post please contact the Area Dean, Canon Lee Batson on 01992 561517 or email@example.com
For an application form and parish profile contact the Archdeacon of Harlow’s Office firstname.lastname@example.org or click the links on this page.
Closing date for applications: Friday 1st July 2022
Interviews: Thursday 28th July 2022
This post is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure There is An Occupational Requirement for the appointed person to be an ordained member of the Church of England under the 2010 Equality Act, Part 1, Schedule 9.
- Vacancy Location: Ongar
- Parish Profile: Click here to download