Pioneer Minister - Colchester
Location: Myland, North Colchester
This is an opportunity to lead a pioneering work in a new community in the North of Colchester. The area has several thousand new houses and many more are planned with sports and leisure hubs and a school also developing locally. The challenge is to engage with this island of life and build a community centred on God.
We are praying for a minister who will:
- meet people where they are and respond to points of need across the development
- explore and experiment with appropriate ways of becoming a Christian community, especially working with young families
- grow a team to develop and sustain the initiatives
- develop relationships with community organisations (including schools) and partners
- bring a lively faith and a personal confidence in the love of God, with the enthusiasm and ability to share and encourage people on their journey of faith
- have a healthy and resilient spiritual walk with appropriate support mechanisms
This role is open to anyone lay, ordained or in curacy and is for an initial four-year period.
For an application form, please contact The Ven. Robin King, Archdeacon of Stansted: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01376 563357
An enhanced DBS check is required for this role.
The date for visits and interviews is to be arranged.
Closing Date: To be arranged
- Vacancy Location: Myland, North Colchester
- Parish Profile: Click here to download