Rector of Thaxted with The Sampfords, Radwinter and Hempstead
Location: North Essex
We are excited to be seeking a new Parish Priest to lead our Benefice of four Parishes with five churches. If you are moved to join us, we can offer you a wonderful opportunity to minister to a vibrant rural area, with a mixture of large and small churches, in beautiful North West Essex.
Building on the progress we have already made, since our Benefice was formed in 2017, our committed church communities are seeking to build and spread the word of the Lord. We see tremendous opportunities for growth, taking advantage of the expansion of our villages, against a backdrop of committed and supportive congregations in our existing varied communities.
If you feel that you, backed by our strong ministry team, can help us on the next stage of our Benefice journey, please take some time to read all about us – and you would be welcome to come and visit us to experience all that we have to offer for you and your spiritual journey.
We are seeking a priest who:
• is committed to rural ministry and understands the opportunities that it brings in the Benefice;
• will engage with our whole community, young as well as old, bringing the word of God to those in and outside the church;
• brings energy and fresh ideas, helping us to build on what has already been achieved and encouraging growth in our congregations;
• will be a visible presence in the life of our local primary schools engaging with our young people and presenting our church in an uplifting and accessible way;
• has strong pastoral skills and a desire to reach out into our wider community;
• will wholeheartedly embrace the richness of our varied church traditions across the Benefice;
• appreciates and supports the strong musical and cultural traditions that exist throughout our community and especially at Thaxted.
We know this list is something of a tall order! But we can offer a comfortable five bedroomed vicarage, overlooking the Chelmer valley and the support of an effective Deanery that has the same objectives.
Interviews will hopefully take place in the first week of August (TBC)
For further details, an application form or a conversation about the post, please contact Ven. Robin King, Archdeacon of Stansted. To email him click HERE