Priest in Charge of Thaxted with Great & Little Sampford, Radwinter and Hempstead
Location: North Essex
Are you up for a challenge? We seek a priest who would relish the opportunity to lead this Benefice of four parishes with five churches. A key need is to continue to tackle the issues of re-imagining how ministry is provided and parishes are organised to meet the challenges of the future, with respect to the traditions on which it has been founded. Our committed congregations are seeking to build on the progress already made to fit us to serve the expansion of our villages and maintain our strong community feel.
We need a priest who:
- is committed to rural ministry and understands the challenges we face in the Benefice;
- will engage with our whole community, young as well as old, not just those in the church;
- brings energy and fresh ideas, encouraging growth in our congregations;
- will be a visible presence in the life of our local primary schools;
- has strong pastoral skills;
- will wholeheartedly embrace the variations in churchmanship between Thaxted and ‘the Villages’;
- appreciates and supports the strong musical tradition that exists especially at Thaxted
We can offer a vibrant rural area in beautiful North West Essex; a comfortable five bedroomed vicarage, overlooking the Chelmer valley; a supportive ministry team and the support of an effective Deanery that has the same objectives.
For further details, an application form or a conversation about the post, please contact Ven. Robin King, Archdeacon of Stansted. To email him click HERE