Rector - St Margaret of Antioch, Barking
Location: The Broadway, North street, Barking, IG11 8AS
The Patron, All Souls College Oxford is currently looking to fill the following post
Rector, St Margaret of Antioch, Barking
St Margaret’s Church, Barking is a large and flourishing parish church drawing upon the broad traditions of our catholic and openly evangelical style of worship with a warm and welcoming congregation representing all ages and different ethnic backgrounds. St. Margaret’s has a deep history in Christianity dating back to 666AD, and is a Grade 1 listed building, situated in what remains of Barking Abbey. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Rector with plenty of energy and enthusiasm to lead this richly diverse and strategically important parish. We are looking for a Rector who:
• Is a leader who bases their teaching on Scripture, is a person of prayer and open to the leading of the Holy Spirit
• Can embrace our Eucharistic style of worship, the daily office and our choral tradition.
• Understands the importance of our youth and children groups and is willing and able to move this vital ministry forward.
• Recognizes what it means to be a civic church, maintaining and building on exercising good relationships with the local community and our Church schools.
• Is able to lead and motivate staff and volunteers and has the capacity to delegate and develop a common vision
• Has proven experience of financial management and can use IT & media creatively through use of office systems & social media.
• Can demonstrate the ability and vision to think creatively as they develop with us the church in its mission, whilst remaining sensitive both to the traditions of the church and to changes in the surrounding community
We can offer:
• Support for personal development and well-being in your ministering to the people of Barking.
• We also have a Heritage officer in the pipeline to assist with schools and the community
• A large and well situated semi-detached 5 bedroom centrally heated house with a new kitchen and garage situated outside the parish with access to schools, shops and all amenities.
• Excellent transport links by road, rail and local buses to London, Essex and Kent
The parish profile and application pack may be obtained from
The Archdeacon of Barking’s office: email@example.com
The profile can also be viewed at: http://stmargaretschurchprofile.blackwingpro.org/contact/downloads/
To arrange an informal conversation with the Archdeacon about this role please call Fiona Greaves on 01708 474951
Closing date for applications is 23rd April 2021
Parish visits 14th April 2021
Interviews 17th May 2021
This post is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS disclosure.
Closing Date: 23/04/2021
- Vacancy Location: The Broadway, North street, Barking, IG11 8AS
- Website: http://stmargaretschurchprofile.blackwingpro.org/contact/downloads/
- Parish Profile: Click here to download