Rector - the Parish of Chingford
Location: Waltham Forest
This thriving flagship parish on the edge of Epping Forest with a strong choral tradition is seeking the man or woman God is calling to lead the team here as our Rector.
He or she is likely to
- have a passion for mission and evangelism
- be able to lead growth in both numbers and depth of faith
- have a record of engaging well with families and young people
- be a person of prayer with a commitment to the Daily Office
- preach and teach clearly, constructively and challengingly
- be able to lead and motivate a large, diverse staff and volunteer team, develop and encourage the gifts of others, both lay and ordained, and
- have the ability to listen and communicate well
- take Safeguarding seriously
- be able to show a high level of financial acumen
- enjoy working as part of a collaborative team, and
- be committed to continuing ministerial development.
We enjoy working in an innovative partnership with two other churches of different traditions to ours, and we are committed to our diocese’s vision to be a transforming presence in every community. Our diocesan priorities are, of course
- To inhabit the world distinctively
- To evangelise effectively
- To hold ourselves accountable to one another and to God
- and to re-imagine the way we minister so that each ordained minister and each individual Christian discovers their part in God's ministry and so that each church flourishes.
There’s much, much more to know about this exciting parish, so do take a look at our website at parishofchingford.org.uk and at our parish profile.
Interviews on 3rd December 2019