Team Rector, Benefice of the Vale of Roding
Location: south-west Essex
(Chigwell St Mary, Chigwell St Winifred and Chigwell Row All Saints, Lambourne St Mary & All Saints w Abridge Holy Trinity and Stapleford Abbotts St Mary the Virgin)
This recently-created benefice of three parishes (five churches) straddles the edge of the London conurbation and the beautiful south-west Essex countryside and offers an able and energetic missional priest the opportunity to develop collaborative and creative Christian engagement across the Benefice. Christ-focused and Spirit-filled, the new Team Rector will lead a committed clergy/lay Team as, together, the churches reach out to serve a wonderfully diverse range of communities.
- A strategic and creative leader in mission who can embrace the breadth of traditional and contemporary worship whilst allowing each church to honour its distinctiveness
- An inspiring preacher and teacher, rooted in Scripture and keen to nurture others in prayer and discipleship
- Committed to attracting and growing ministry amongst children, young people and families
- Energised by the prospect of serving this sociologically/ethnically diverse and sometimes challenging area on the edge of London
- Eager to work flexibly with neighbouring parishes and community organisations to make an impact for the Gospel across the south of Epping Forest & Ongar Deanery
If this is you, then please get in touch with us to find out more.
For an informal conversation, contact the Area Dean, The Revd Canon Lee Batson (email: email@example.com tel: 01992 561517)
For an application form and Benefice Profile contact: Archdeacon of Harlow’s Office firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing and interview dates: TBC
- Vacancy Location: south-west Essex
- Parish Profile: Click here to download