Team Vicar designate in the Colne and Blackwater Team Ministry
Are you passionate about rural ministry and would you relish ministering across seven diverse parishes in our beautiful part of North Essex?
We are looking for a Priest in Charge (Team Vicar designate) who will:
- Help us build and strengthen our relationships across our parishes and with our neighbouring parishes (we’re forming a Team Ministry with 7 other parishes, with a Team Rector and another Team Vicar yet to be appointed)
- Help us to focus on our priority of connecting with children, families and young people, not least through our schools
- Be patient with us and will respect us and the gifts, energy and experience that we offer
- Commit to valuing, encouraging and nurturing lay and ordained vocations, ministry and leadership
- Help us sustain our diverse worshipping life and challenge us to grow and change
We can offer you a warm welcome and a willingness to have our expectations challenged. We have a strong and valued tradition of lay-led worship and active and engaged PCCs (some of our meetings are fun too!). We also have a friendly and supportive Deanery Chapter plus mentoring and coaching support is available via our Area Team
For an informal conversation about the post, or to request an application form, please contact the Venerable Ruth Patten, Archdeacon of Colchester. To email her, click HERE.
Closing date: 22nd January, 2020
Interviews: mid February
Closing Date: 22/01/2020
- Parish Profile: Click here to download