Team Vicar in the Southend Team Ministry (Vicar Designate of St Alban’s Westcliff-on Sea & St Mark’s Southend-on-Sea)
Location: Southend on Sea
We'd love you to join our friendly inclusive churches, in the liberal catholic tradition, to develop a new Parish by the sea. We have a mile of award-winning beaches in our Parish and are only 47 minutes by train from central London.
St Alban's Westcliff-on-Sea and St Mark's Southend-on-Sea are transitioning over the next year from being part of the Southend Team Ministry to being our own parish.
We are seeking to:
- respond to the challenges and opportunities of our urban area with a mixed demographic including homelessness, disability, mental health issues, substance misuse, families and older people
- deepen our connection to God, each other and the world we share
- develop new facilities to enable us to reach our diverse communities, whilst caring for beautiful historic churches, including installing new facilities in our churches and plans for rebuilding the hall at St Alban's
- grow our churches through a seeding project at St Mark's with extra investment as part of the Diocese's vision for 101 new Christian Communities, including 2 part-time workers, and building on our traditional and pioneering activities at St Alban's
- reach out through community and charity partnerships, building on strong existing links and the close working relationship with grassroots charity the Milton Community Partnership
Could you work alongside us in this new role?
Interviews will be held on Monday 20th April 2020
Please contact Archdeacon Mike if you would like an application form or an informal conversation about this vacancy, either by email or telephone email@example.com 01268 779345
Closing Date: 12 noon on Thursday 19th March 2020
- Vacancy Location: Southend on Sea
- Parish Profile: Click here to download