Team Vicar with Responsibility for Youth Mission (full-time stipendiary)
Location: Waltham Holy Cross Benefice, Waltham Abbey
The person appointed will be lead minister with oversight of and responsibility for our established youth work across the benefice as a whole, as well as having a broad parochial ministry.
The work will include:
- developing our existing good relationships with six primary schools and one secondary school;
- working in collaboration with local authorities and youth service providers;
- parochial ministry principally focused around the churches of St. Thomas’ Upshire and the Church of the Holy Innocents’ High Beach.
Located in a beautiful area, there are good schools, shops and leisure facilities and easy access to the M25 and M11 motorways, as well as regular train and tube services to central London nearby. There is a modern four bedroomed vicarage.
Our next Team Vicar will be someone who:
- is passionate about enabling children and young people to fulfil their God given potential in education, personal development, spirituality and discipleship;
- enjoys parish ministry and pastoral outreach;
- values working collaboratively as part of a large team;
- is highly motivated with plenty of energy and enthusiasm;
- is comfortable in leading and participating in all kinds of worship styles;
- has a mature outlook on life and faith combined with a good sense of humour.
For an informal conversation, contact the Team Rector, The Revd Peter Smith (email: email@example.com tel: 07946 870948)
Closing date: 9 September 2019 Interview: 3 October 2019
For an application form contact: Archdeacon of Harlow’s Office firstname.lastname@example.org