Vicar, Holy Trinity, Barkingside
Location: Barkingside, Redbridge
Holy Trinity, Barkingside, is one of the largest parishes in the London Borough of Redbridge, where North-East London meets Essex. Barkingside is an attractive, ethnically-diverse part of the borough, close to Hainault Forest and with good local facilities and transport links (Liverpool Street is 26 minutes away on the Underground). Holy Trinity's electoral roll numbers 107, and the church is an active member with neighbouring churches in the local Mission and Ministry Partnership.
Holy Trinity is prayerfully seeking a priest in the Charismatic Catholic tradition who will
• Be a good communicator and listener; a team player with effective management skills;
• Look to the needs of our different and diverse congregations;
• Be our spiritual leader and respectful of tradition, but lead us to new ideas to further God’s kingdom, particularly in Youth and Children’s ministry;
• Be active in our Mission and Ministry Unit;
• Nurture our existing organisations and help develop and encourage new ones;
• Support and develop our different music traditions;
• Act as a mentor to the Staff Team;
• Reach out into the wider community in mission, forging links ecumenically and with other faiths, and
• Continue to build on the growth of the church and taking the Good News to the people.
Potential applicants are encouraged to read the Parish Profile, which gives a good picture of both the strengths and challenges of this parish.
The patron is the incumbent of St Margaret's, Ilford, Revd Stephen Pugh, who is happy to be contacted for a discussion via firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8554 7542.
For an application form, please contact the Archdeacon of West Ham's PA, Debbie Kelly at email@example.com 020 8989 8557
Interviews: 7 December 2021