Vicar of Hornchurch St Andrew
Location: 222 High Street, Hornchurch, RM12 6QP
New College Oxford is looking for the next Vicar of St. Andrew, Hornchurch
Do you have the experience and creativity to lead a dynamic, diverse, creative and deeply missional church with a number of worshipping communities, a range of buildings, and a large team of lay and ordained, paid and unpaid leaders?
Hornchurch is a large and popular town in the London Borough of Havering and St Andrew’s Church has a wide range of ministries serving the community as they continue to explore and live out Christian discipleship in Hornchurch.
We are praying for:
A collaborative team player, able to nurture and affirm the talents and contribution of others.
• A priest who will help us meet our challenges and move to the next stage of the journey.
• Someone who will appreciate the different styles and patterns of prayer and worship in the parish.
• A preacher who is able to connect the Bible to contemporary life in a modern, imaginative and creative way.
So we can develop:
The gifts and discipleship of the whole Church community as they share together in mission and ministry.
• Worship which connects with a diverse community and draws on a rich tradition.
• Our outreach to those in our community and especially those who are under represented within our church.’
The parish profile and application pack may be obtained from:
The Archdeacon of Barking’s office: email@example.com.
To arrange an informal conversation with the Archdeacon about this role please call Fiona Greaves on 01708 474951
Closing date for applications is the 16th December 2019; interviews 9th and 0th January 2020
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.