Vicar, St Luke’s, Victoria Docks
St Luke's is a welcoming, outward-looking and growing local church in the Royal Docks in the heart of London’s East End. We have a vision for serving the needs of our fast-changing community that has led to action in the work we now undertake. St Luke's is a diverse church family with people from all ages, cultures and backgrounds.
We are looking for a vicar who will build on what we have already achieved and help us to develop and move to the next phase of our journey. He or she will be given all the support to build on the firm foundation that has already been laid.
This person is likely to be someone with vision who
- is able to adjust to a fast-changing community
- cares about the voice of young people and their engagement with the church
- can communicate with people from different backgrounds
- will continue to nurture and develop a relationship with our school
- is willing to voice their opinions but listen too to the congregation, PCC and community
- recognises that all have the potential for faith
- enjoys and celebrates diversity
- and is an advocate for the Transforming Presence strategic priorities of the Diocese of Chelmsford.
This part of Newham undergoing regeneration on an unprecedented scale. Our new vicar will be the sort of person who can spot and take advantage of the potential for developing new Christian communities here, identifying and attracting support and funding in the process. For the right person, this is an exciting opportunity to engage in innovative, ground-breaking ministry in a young community.
Interviews are to be held on 22 July.
An application form can be obtained from
the Archdeacon of West Ham, 86 Aldersbrook Road, London E12 5DH (020 8989 8557)
This is a Lord Chancellor's appointment.