Vicar, St Mark’s, Forest Gate
This exciting urban evangelical church in Forest Gate, Newham, where East London meets Epping Forest, is praying hard for the man or woman God is calling to be its next vicar. St Mark's will be a lovely place for the right person who is prepared to get engaged in what it means to be a Christian in the wonderful social and ethnic diversity of Forest Gate. That diversity is reflected in the congregation and in the range of activities here. This really is a church where the vicar's job is not to do all the ministry, but rather it's to help, inspire and lead us as we carry out the ministry of St Mark's together.
This person is likely to be
- A warm-hearted leader of mission and evangelism
- A biblically-inspired, Spirit-led proclaimer of the good news of Jesus
- Enthusiastic about engaging with people of all backgrounds, ethnicities and cultures
- A team leader who will encourage the wide range of activities and ministries at St Mark’s, and
- An advocate for the Transforming Presence strategic priorities of the Diocese of Chelmsford.
The excellent parish profile is well worth a read.
The application form is available from the Archdeacon of West Ham at email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 24th February
Interviews: 14th March
Appointment subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure