Vicar, St Patrick’s, Barking
Location: Barking and Dagenham
This warm, welcoming, and gently charismatic evangelical church has a wonderfully diverse and multi-lingual congregation committed to serving the local community.
From its consecration, every minister that God has drawn to St Patrick’s has been a person with an unwavering faith, a heart for people and led a life of integrity. Every incumbent has
brought with them a range of skills and talents that reflected their era. It is therefore impossible to define exactly what qualities should be listed for the current era and beyond.
However, our diverse membership has spoken of the following attributes that they feel merit inclusion and what we feel will help you carry out urban ministry – and we hope they will
resonate with you.
We are seeking our next minister to:
- Be a person of prayer - and we will pray with you, for you, and for our church and parish.
- Possess a heart for deep pastoral care and together we will strive to support all those in need, physically, emotionally and spiritually.
- Make a commitment to engage with our culturally diverse church and community - and we will guide and inform you about our parish.
- Be prepared to work collaboratively with the LLMs and lay team - and we look forward to working alongside you in all matters.
- Have an acceptance of the ministry of women in all roles - and we will work hard to ensure no gender bias.
- Strive to be a good communicator of faith that will challenge and inspire at all levels - and we will be diligent in our own efforts to grow in faith and understanding.
- Encourage us to take risks in trying new ways of worship and ministry - and we will be open to be challenged!
- Feel able, in time, to share any matters causing disquiet - and we will accept the need to address our frailties.
- Take advantage of continuing training development opportunities - and we will encourage you and ensure you have the time to devote to study.
- Strive not to allow your ministerial role to impact on your personal time - and we will endeavour to cover routine tasks and not overburden you.
- Be open to humorous exchanges of faith and fellowship - and we will be respectful and engender a joyous atmosphere.
- Have good co-ordination and administrative skills - and we will continue to offer clerical assistance where possible.
For an application form, please contact the Archdeacon of Barking’s PA, Fiona Greaves
DBS Enhanced Disclosure is required