Team Vicar in the Wickford and Runwell team ministry
We are seeking to appoint a Team Vicar to join the Team Rector and Associate Priest in reshaping the pattern of ministry to our parish of approximately 40,000 people and to our three churches, St Andrew’s, St Catherine’s, and St Mary’s.
Wickford is an old market town, which expanded greatly in the nineteenth century when the railway arrived and again after the Second World War. The expansion continues today with several significant new housing developments being built. The town is situated eleven miles south of Chelmsford and is part of the Borough of Basildon. It has good road and rail links. All the schools are rated outstanding or good, including the church Infant school (outstanding) which has close links to St Catherine’s
In recent years the church communities have increasingly shared in worship and in mission, discovering that we can do more together than separately and growing stronger and deeper relationships across the parish
We hope to reshape ministry across the parish in a way that will enable us to build on our shared engagement in outreach and mission, while honouring the best of what has gone before.
- We want to nurture the ongoing sense of connection to the churches, and to a sense of the sacred, which is evident in the wider community
- There is a challenge for us in helping to build community in the new St Luke’s Park development and making God known as people move into the estate.
- We seek to respond to local needs of poverty and loneliness, being always open to discover if there is more that we can do
- We want to find ways of making the story of God and the love of God known to young people and the not so young for whom this has largely disappeared from their lives.
- We are exploring making the team ministry into a Mission and Ministry Unit as envisaged in the Diocesan strategy, ‘Reimagining Ministry’
Might you be the person that God is calling to play a part in all this?
Interviews will be held on Monday 14th October 2019
An application form can be obtained from the office of the Archdeacon of Southend at The Archdeacon's Lodge, 459 Rayleigh Road, Benfleet SS7 3TH (01268 779345), email firstname.lastname@example.org and Archdeacon Mike would be happy to have an informal conversation, either by email or telephone, about this vacancy.