Menu

Transforming the communities of Essex & East London through Christ’s presence

  • A new vision for the future of St Mark’s College

    St Mark’s College, Audley End, residential youth and conference centre has been serving as a resource for children and young people in the Diocese of Chelmsford for over 25

  • What is prayer?

    Pocket-sized cards are prompting questions about prayer among children and adults in Essex and East London schools and churches. The ‘’What is prayer?’ cards, written by Stephen

  • Church of England’s Environment Group calls for greater action on Climate Change across the Church

    The Church of England’s Environmental Advisory Group has called for all parts of the Church to recognise the Climate Crisis and step up its action to safeguard God

  • Grays lorry container tragedy: Bishop of Bradwell’s response

    Grays lorry container tragedy: Bishop of Bradwell’s response

    The Bishop of Bradwell, The Right Reverend John Perumbalath has issued the following message in response to the incredibly sad news that 39 people were found dead in a lorry container

  • Ade Eleyae appointed as Bishop’s Equality Adviser

    Bishop Stephen appoints the first Bishop’s Equality Adviser in the diocese    Revd Ade Eleyae has been appointed by the Right Reverend Stephen Cottrell, Bishop of

  • Celebrating Essex Cereal

    The Essex County Harvest Festival took place at Chelmsford Cathedral on Sunday 29 September. The service was led by the Dean of Chelmsford, the Very Revd Nicholas Henshall and Revd Janet

  • Celebrating Lay Ministry

    Celebrating Lay Ministry

    Our Celebration of Lay Ministry Day on Saturday 12 October is when the diocese celebrates all forms of lay ministry. The celebration is held at Chelmsford Cathedral and is when all

  • Bishop gives sermon to mark the Canonisation of John Henry Newman (1801-1890)

    The Right Reverand Stephen Cottrell, Bishop of Chelmsford, gave a sermon to  mark the Canonisation of John Henry Newman (1801-1890). The Bishop was preaching at St Mary