If you are new to Zoom you can find information about Zoom here: https://zoom.us/
Whilst we appreciate that Zoom represents a new way of working for many people, we would encourage you to consider each virtual session in the same way as a classroom-based training session.
- You will need to ensure that you have access to a reliable internet connection.
- You will need a device with a microphone, speaker and camera. The course is interactive – expect to participate in a variety of small group exercises.
- A private space where you will be uninterrupted for the duration of the session. We are sorry, but this course is not suitable for children (including babies) or pets.
- Each session is scheduled for 2.5 hours – this includes regular breaks. The training content is approximately 120 minutes long.
- Please identify yourself by using your first name and surname in your Zoom profile – this will display on screen.
- Please have pen and paper to hand.
- We recommended that you join the session 10 - 15 minutes before it is due to start so that any connection issues can be resolved. You will be able to wait in the virtual waiting room until the facilitator starts the session. The session will start promptly at the time specified on the invitation. If you’re not present at the start of the session, you won’t be able to join and will need to rebook.
- Please make sure you are comfortable and have everything you may need for the session e.g. tea/coffee/water. As with face-to-face training, if you leave the session for too long, you will miss relevant information and the opportunity to discuss safeguarding matters. As the time for this virtual training is short, it’s important the full session is attended. Therefore, if you are away from the session for longer than five minutes, outside of a scheduled break, you may need to rebook.
- The maximum number of participants for each group will be 16. In cases where there are fewer than 10 participants the Safeguarding team may cancel this event and give notice to all those who were due to attend. We aim to cancel as few events as possible.
Deliberately difficult or disruptive behaviour will not be accepted. Anyone attending who fails to participate or engage will be spoken to and their non-participation or disengagement will be reported to the appropriate person, such as their Archdeacon (for clergy), parish priest (for parish officers). Those who do not fully participate or engage in the safeguarding learning requirements will not be issued with a certificate of successful completion and will be requested to repeat the learning later.
How to book:
- Click on the session that is most convenient for you to attend.
- Please then click on the word 'Register' to book your place. (If you are booking a place for someone else, please ensure you enter their name and email address and not yours).
- Places are limited to 16, therefore please book at your earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.
- Once you have successfully booked your ticket eventbrite will automatically send a confirmation email to the email address that you provided – but you may need to check your Junk or Spam inbox for it. If you do not receive this email, it either means that you have entered your email address incorrectly or that you were not successful booking a ticket.
If your only suitable course date/time is already FULLY BOOKED please still click on the link and register yourself for the waiting list. We often have a few cancellations a few days prior to the event.
If none of the advertised course dates/times are suitable please do not worry. We are constantly organising and adding more. Please keep checking the website for updates as we are not always able to send out reminders.
Zoom Link, ID & Passcode
You should receive a confirmation email, and 2 reminder emails, automatically from eventbrite – but you may need to check your Junk or Spam inbox for them:
- Once you have successfully booked your ticket you should automatically, and almost instantly, receive a confirmation email from eventbrite. You should also receive reminder emails 4 days and 1 hour before the training event. If you do not receive these emails, it either means that you have entered your email address incorrectly or that you were not successful booking a ticket.
- Within all the emails there should be the Zoom Link, ID & Passcode. If not, also within the emails there should also be an orange button that says, 'View the Event'. If you click on that, you should then be taken to the eventbrite page with all the course details/instructions showing. If you then scroll down to the bottom of that page you should see the Zoom Link, the Meeting ID and the Passcode.
- If you find that the Zoom Link, ID or Passcode are not working please contact the Diocesan Safeguarding Team for assistance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and/or calling 01245 294490 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) or 01245 294438 (Tues, Thurs, Fri 9:30am-3pm).
If you currently have any physical or learning impairments that you fear might impact the quality of your training, please contact the Safeguarding Team and advise which course date and time you are booked onto so that we can make the presenters aware and possibly provide additional resources to support you.
Unable to attend as planned?
If you are no longer able to attend the session, please contact the Safeguarding Team as soon as possible. If you do not notify us of the cancellation of your booking at least 2 working days before the training event you may be charged a £12 cancellation fee.
After attending a Diocese of Chelmsford Virtual Training (via Zoom) course we will email you a link to the relevant Participant Pack webpage (please allow up to 1 week to receive this). From there you will be able to access the information regarding the post-training coursework requirements, the Survey Monkey link to submit your answers and the participant pack, which contains the presentation slides.
The Participant Pack webpage can only be accessed using the link emailed directly to you and we ask that you please do not share the link with anyone else.
The post-training coursework needs to be completed via Survey Monkey in one sitting, therefore it is suggested that you complete the answers on a word document first and then you can copy and paste the information into the relevant parts of the survey.
Post-Training Coursework Requirement Deadline: You have up to 6 weeks from the date of the email to submit the post-training coursework via Survey Monkey.
Certificate: We aim to email the certificate to you within six weeks of you submitting your post-training coursework via Survey Monkey.
Important: Your training will not be recorded as ‘completed’ until we email your certificate to you.