13 September 2023
Eighteen new Deacons were ordained by Bishop Guli at services held at Chelmsford Cathedral on Sunday 10 September.
Here are our new deacons pictured on the eve of their ordination, on their ordination retreat at the Diocesan House of Retreat at Pleshey.
They are pictured with:
- The Rt Revd Dr Guli Francis-Dehqani, the Bishop of Chelmsford
- The Rt Revd Roger Morris, the Bishop of Colchester
- The Rt Revd Lynne Cullens, the Bishop of Barking
- Aiden Hargreaves-Smith, Registrar of the Diocese of Chelmsford
- The Revd Tim Goodbody, The Diocesan Director of Ordinands
- The Revd Rob Merchant, The Director of Mission and Ministry and Education
- The Revd Tosin Oladipo, Retreat Leader and Chaplain to The Archbishop of Canterbury
There were two services and they are both available to watch again on the links below.
1pm service – The ordination of deacons from the Barking and Bradwell Area
3.30pm – The ordination of deacons from the Colchester Area
Meet our new Deacons
We introduced our new Deacons on our social media channels in the run up to the ordination services. Search @chelmsdio on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with the hashtag #ChelmsdioNewRevs.
Serving the Colchester Area
Emma Barr serving at Wormingford & Mount Bures w Little Horkesley
Tayrina Ferguson serving at Cressing All Saints
Nikki Horsley serving at Black Notley and Rayne within the Braintree MMU
Judith Gibbons serving at Brightlingsea All Saints w St James
Emma Smith serving at Wivenhoe St Mary the Virgin
Noah Cockett serving the Witham and Villages Team Ministry
Charley Day serving at St Luke’s, Highwoods
Hilary Walker serving in the Saffron Walden Team Ministry
Janine Wilde serving The Tenpenny Villages
Ordained Ministry in our Diocese
If you feel that God is calling you to a role in the Church, there are many different opportunities. A good first step is to talk to your local clergy. You can find out more about Ministry in the Church of England, including ordained ministry by visiting the 'Exploring Vocations' page of our website.